1. Select the quality raw materials.
2. Pre-heat the oven and prepare the tray.
3. Use chilled water to make the dough.
4. Make the dough with flour, salt, sugar and water and cover the dough with damp cloth and rest for 20 minutes.
5. Fat used here should have high melting point.
6. Smoothen the fat before application.
7. Apply the fat carefully and relax the dough in between the application of fat. During this period the dough will relax and it will help to sheet easily because the dough extensibility is regained.
8. Avoid crust formation on the top of the dough, if not it will loose its strechability and its rise in the oven will be poor.
9. The entire process of making puffs should be done at a room or cool temperature.
10. While sheeting the dough take care that fat is oozed out during rolling.
11. Give water wash to the tray before placing the puff and sprinkle water before loading the tray to the oven..
12. Bake at high temperature